October 4, 2011

The Baby Whisperer

My little Pie has been doing speech therapy for awhile now and I can't begin to tell you the difference it has made. Her therapist is seriously the baby whisperer. There just aren't enough good words to describe her and the progress she has made with Pie.

Going in, Pie could say: Dada, Mama, occasionally outside and a handful of animal noises.

Now she says: Poppy, in, on, shoe, outside, school, uh-oh, ouch, stuck, one, two, three, a, b, c, o, q, z, jump, go, bubble, din-din (dinner), nie-nie (night-night), bye bye, and a bunch more I can't think of right now.

She can also sign: more, please, milk, eat, and sometimes thank you.

And can make the animal noises for: horse, cow, kitten, puppy, pig, chicken, cuckoo bird, owl, giraffe, whale, dinosaur, and I think I'm forgetting a few here too.

After every session she comes home with new skills and it never fails to amaze me. It was absolutely the right decision for her. Plus she practices the mouth positions for different words and that by itself is cute enough for it all to be worthwhile!