January 17, 2012

Birthday Recap

So my darling girl is 2 now. Officially, no question about it 2. And I think she had a really great day.


She woke up and came to snuggle with us (I surprised her by not going to work), and we eventually made our way downstairs. And she was even more surprised by a living room completely filled with balloons.





Then it was off to Waffle House for a special birthday breakfast. And while Pie debated the new fresh house salads...

 ...she eventually settled on a waffle (and most of mama's eggs and hashbrowns), and our waitress was so sweet. She put a candle in Pie's waffle and sang her happy birthday.

Then it was back home for more balloon playing. And we had planned on going to Gymboree or the park, something along those lines, but Pie decided to take a 3.5 hour nap. I'm not sure she's ever slept that long. It might have been because mama was snuggled up next to her sound asleep as well.  :D
 Then the Bios came over and we had dinner and played and eventually had cake. Which is also how we discovered that she can reach things on the counter. She came cruising around the corner covered in icing and there was a big swipe missing from the side of the cake. We let her have at it...it was her cake after all.

It was a pretty low-key day, but I think she really enjoyed it. I know I did!