January 31, 2012

Oh There You Are

Recently there have been several posts about sharing pictures of yourself on your blog. It helps readers connect and feel like an actual person is behind the words on the screen. You can read a few here or here.

And I've shared a few photos here and there, but to be honest there aren't many. I tend to run like I'm being chased in the opposite direction of the camera. It's a rare event that I get caught on film.

But I want you to know that there is, in fact, a real person behind the screen. So here I am...

Heh. Okay, so the story behind this pic? I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-6 and I came home devastated. I demanded that my mother go back and, "get one with a smile on it." Clearly I hadn't figured out the finer points of how photography worked at that point.

Nonetheless, that's me in all my pouty glory. Add some wrinkles, a few gray hairs, eleventy bazillion calories and I look pretty much the same.