May 20, 2010

A belated gift

So Pie's birthmother called a few days ago and said she had a Mother's Day present for me and would like to drop it off. I was surprised, but said come on over.

When she arrived she had a big pink gift bag and a card. The card had a lovely note from her and one from Birthfather thanking us, and saying how happy they both were with how things worked out. It was very sweet.

Then I started to open the present. I'll admit I was a little scared...I had NO idea what it might be. And then I started to cry. Birthmother had taken each of the three ultrasound pictures she had and framed them for me.

To see Pie so tiny, and growing, and finally her sweet little profile was...overwhelming...profound...deeply touching...and so so special. Birthmother was very proud to give me a gift I so clearly loved and I was overwhelmed again at what a unique and important relationship I have with this person.

Now I just have to find the right place to put them.


8 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so sweet. I am so happy for you and her to have found each other!

sara said...

Me too Lindsey! Who would have thought Husband's need for a burrito would lead us to this amazing little girl we get to call ours!?

Marc said...

WOW.. very cool.

Anonymous said...

How awesome is that. Ultrasound photos are so amazing.

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

That is amazing Sara! I love that little post :) It is amazing how things work out in this world, truly amazing and special. Ultrasound pictures are awesome, huh?! I need to frame Baileys also :)

sara said...

Marc, K and Cindy - I was so surprised! I didn't even know those existed. So to have them for me is very cool and for Pie to see when she's older is amazing. I just keep staring at the one with her profile and then at her. It sounds silly to say but they are exactly the same!

Ally said...

that is such an awesome gift. i love this post. that is truly something you can treasure forever. very sweet.

sara said...

Ally - It really is! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Mother's Day gift!!

Post a Comment

I talk, then you talk, and sometimes I talk back again. It's a conversation! And we can all pretend we're not internet shut-ins who never talk to anyone. Hooray!