- Behave or ima git my spoon/switch/fly swatter
- They sure do favor (meaning, I learned, that they look alike)
- Lemme git the hose so ya'll can have water in the camper
- If she's not sleeping at night, just don't let her nap during the day (um, she's 4 months old...)
- Why won't she let Uncle Tater hold her? (That's right people, Uncle Tater)
- When you say 'I do' your life is second, the husband comes first. If he wants something to eat you stop what you're doing and make him something. (Told to a 19 year old cousin who is getting married this summer)
- She's WHAT?! (In response to my volunteering all of Pie's ethnicities. If I haven't mentioned that before she is, in order of percentage highest to lowest: African American, Caucasian, Chinese, and Native American)
- I still can't believe he went off and married a yankee. (Said with a sneer. Husband and I have been together for 12.5 years...it's time to let it go!)
There are soooo many more but these are a few of the highlights. Visiting his family is a very Twilight Zone experience for me. But usually results in some entertaining stories!
Here are a few more pictures from the trip. These are Pie hanging out in the camper and playing with her new favorite toy. Of course when I say 'playing' I mean trying to shove entirely into her mouth.
Where the hell are we mama!?
Oh mama, I didn't see you there. No, no I'm not trying to eat the bug's foot.