October 12, 2010

Pie is still good after 9 months, right?

Yes, yes it is. Today my darling Pie is 9 months old. I have no idea at all how that happened. I demand that someone tell me how she went from this...

To this...

My Darling Girl,

It's been a busy month or two for you. You can do this now...

Which results in this being the most common view of you these days...

You love the crawling. I mean love it. You seem so entertained by being able to move yourself around without help. But it's already boring you. A couple weeks was enough of that, now let's try that walking business. You love to stand and wobble trying to find your center. And just this weekend you started pulling up on the furniture. Because I'm your mom (and a giant dork) it made me cry. I revel in each new task you accomplish, I am so proud of you. At that same time, if I'm being honest, every step you take away from your babyhood makes me sad. You are growing up so fast.

You eat like a champ. There is nothing you refuse. You love crazy things like mango and parsnips. Though table food seems a little confusing for you. Eggs are not the same a gum my love. You cannot chew them indefinitely. But give you a slice of lemon and watch out! You will strip it dry as quickly as your little hands can get it to your mouth. Not so much with lime or orange though. And you smelling like lime all day just makes daddy and I want margaritas so it's probably for the best that you don't like them.

You talk all. day. long. There are lots of "words" in with the babel. Mama, dada, baba, uh oh, ok. But I'm not counting any of them as your proper first word because you don't seem to associate the sounds with anything, or anyone, yet. You make yourself laugh a lot, which is maybe the greatest thing ever. And you like to whisper to yourself. It kills me.

And boy do you have a whole range of moods:

Annoyed...

Thoughtful...

Silly...

And of course we can't forget...hmmm...let's call it saucy..."Hello Gentlemen"

In all seriousness my sweet girl, you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You make me laugh every single day. You make my heart melt. You make my eyes very, very droopy. You make me crazy. You make me more certain than ever that I was supposed to be a mom. That I was supposed to be your mom. I love you.

xoxo,
Mama