December 21, 2010

A Little Christmas Quiz

So here's a Christmas quiz I came across that I really liked...if anyone wants I'll set up a linky for it. Just let me know in the comments. Here we go....

  1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? If I had to drink it frequently, hot chocolate. But egg nog it tasty on occasion.
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh the Santa presents have to be wrapped!!
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? When we manage to put the lights outside they are white. The tree is a different story. We have those awesome, 70s, huge, different color bulbs. They make me happy.
  4. Do you hang mistletoe? Whenever I can find it. Walmart used to sell it every year, but they haven't lately. I love having a random place to "have" to kiss Husband.
  5. When do you put your decorations up? The goal is the first weekend of December. It's pretty infrequent that we're organized enough though.
  6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Is all an option? Well I take that back, all of the side dishes since there's no meat for me.
  7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to bed Christmas Eve snuggled in one bed with my sisters.
  8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? You know, I'm not sure the exact age. I do know that the family was thinking I was coming to the end of believing, my siblings are all a good bit older and had long since known the truth. They wanted to make it special though so there may or may not have been some stomping on the roof, and my dad may or may not have fallen. And I may or may not have run screaming downstairs that Santa and Dad were having a fight. Good times.
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Husband and I usually open our gifts for each other Christmas Eve since we're at my family's all day on Christmas. i like getting to draw it out. :)
  10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With the awesome lights, of course. And all the ornaments were either made for us, or given to us. I love having a tree with so many memories. Each piece hanging there is special. I can't wait for Pie to start bringing home her school made ornaments for us to add!
  11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! It almost never happens here, but snow on Christmas is magical!
  12. Can you ice skate? Hell to the no!
  13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There have been so many...my first big girl bike, a surprise trip to visit family in New England, my baby girl.
  14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family. You gotta say that!!
  15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? See's candy. Especially the Milk Bordeaux. YUM!
  16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? As kids we read stories Christmas Eve in our new jammies. And then we'd snuggle in with a candle lit beside our bed. It was so Santa could peak in the window and see if we were actually sleeping. My parents had a million of them, and I love them all.
  17. What tops your tree? A stuffed snowman named Snowy. We got him at Big Lots I think, a million years ago. He's an old friend now.
  18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, without question. I always want to hand out my presents first, because I can't wait to have the person enjoy them (hopefully). That's certainly not to say I don't enjoy getting a few prizes too :)
  19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? “Baby It's Cold Outside”. It's not exactly Christmas, but it's seasonal.
  20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Once every couple of years I enjoy one. But they aren't anything I seek out.
  21. Favorite Christmas Show? We have several movies we watch every year: Christmas Vacation, Elf, Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street...
  22. Saddest Christmas Song? "River". Pretty much any version of it. Don't know why, but it's a real downer for me. I love it though. OR "Winter Song" by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson.