January 12, 2011

Pie Turns 1!!!

My Darling Girl,

Today is your first birthday. It's also the anniversary of when Dada and I finally met you. We had seen you from afar before, but had never gotten too close.
Thinking about that day still makes my tummy drop. Your birthmom allowed me to be in the room when you were born. Seeing a baby born is the most amazing experience. Seeing your daughter be born is something without words. I took about a million pictures and then ran down the hall to get Dada.
There was some shuffling around and lots more picture taking and then the three of us were taken to our own room. There was a moment after the nurses had left when it was just you, me and Dada. He and I looked at each other over your sleeping, swaddled body and I had never felt so much love. Love for Dada, love for you, love for the family that had been created.

At that moment I thought it wouldn't be possible for me to love you more. But sweet girl? I do. I love you more than I thought was possible. Every single day you do something to amaze, entertain and enrapture me. You are the greatest thing ever.

On your first birthday, you have 5 teeth and 3 more trying to poke through, around 10 solid words, with a few more thrown in every once in awhile for fun. You run every where you go. You clap, give high fives, give squeezes (hugs) and kisses, make the okay sign, pat the beat of music playing on your legs or tummy, dance to everything, wave bye-bye, fake laugh, cough and sneeze and holy cow do you make your Dada and I laugh.

You are the sweetest, smartest, most beautiful girl inside and out that I have ever had the honor of knowing. I am the luckiest girl in the world that I get to be your mama.I love you sweet Pie. Happy birthday.

xoxoxo,
Mama