December 12, 2011

23 Months Old

Yes. That's right. Pie is 23 months old today...just one month shy of being 2 years old. Pardon me while I weep a moment...how has my baby gotten so big?! 


My Darling Girl...

I am sure you know this already (Dada and I tell you every day) but you are the best. thing. ever. Not a moment goes by that I don't love you more, that you don't make me laugh harder, that I don't want to scoop you up and cover your sweet face in kisses.

This past month or so  has been big for you. Your speech therapy is going so well. You try really hard and we are SO PROUD of you. Each day you say new things, or say old things more clearly. It's amazing to understand you and I'm so excited for the day when you can tell me what's inside that amazing head of yours.

We did a lot of travelling this month too. Mostly for sad reasons, but you were a rock star. You did so good in the car and at all the various events. And you, my baby girl, are so sweet. You didn't understand what was happening, but you knew people were sad and were extra lovey to them. It really helped.

We're getting ready for your 2nd Christmas and your 2nd birthday...so much in such a short time, but it should all be really fun. And the not so fun we're getting ready for is potty training. Yikes! You know the potty you like sitting on so much...well prepare yourself darling...it's not just for sitting. That's right...you tinkle in there. I know, I know. You're shaking your head like I'm crazy, but I promise it's a good thing. You'll like not having to change your diaper. The potty is so much easier. Plus, every time you go, you get to wash your hands...your favorite thing...playing in water!

You have been the most amazing thing in my life since the moment we met, and nothing has changed. You are sweet, quirky, lovey, smart, wickedly funny, beautiful, and all-around fantastic. I still feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure this hasn't just been the greatest dream of my life. I'm so lucky that I get to be your mama.

Happy 23 months baby girl. I love you to the moon and back.

xoxox,
Mama