January 18, 2012

Wordless-ish Wednesday {Priceless}

I was running out of memory on my phone so I just dumped all the photos, videos, etc onto my computer. As I was looking through them, I found this one.

I'm pretty sure I haven't shared this before, because frankly I forgot it existed. But this photo is the first time I got to hold Pie. I was in the delivery room when she was born so I had seen her, but I didn't get to hold her for a bit because they had to do some quick respiratory intervention with her.

So this is it. Just seconds after the nurse placed my daughter in my arms. This is the moment I became her mom. This is the exact second I fell so irretrievably in love with her. This is the moment my family began...

(and yes...in case anyone is wondering...I'm am a total mushy, weepy mess writing this and looking at the picture!)