February 2, 2012

Final FIve


I'm picking the prompt, "Are you on Pinterest? Share the last five items you pinned, choose one and let it inspire a blog post." You can follow me here if you're so inclined...

Follow Me on Pinterest

******************************






This is a pretty good representation of what I pin...stuff for Pie, stuff for Pie, recipe, craft, art. Throw in the occasional funny or girly related item (nail polish, hair stuff) and you've covered about 85% of my boards.

But out of this 5, I think I'm going to go with the last pin (directly above). I have no idea how I came across the site Second sister, but I am in love. The first thing I saw was the farfar project. April (author/creator of Second sister) says...

"I stumbled across a cash of old portraits taken of Swedish men in the early 1900's. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, I have become fascinated by these men and the lives they lived. I love the character etched into their faces. I love the lines and creases and angles of their cheeks.


All these men were laborers of varying sorts. They must have worked hard during their life. I stole them from their dark back drop and have given them joyful surroundings. I think it changes how you see them. I think it allows their countenance to transcend their position."

These collages are amazing, quirky, beautiful and totally off-beat. Everything I love in art. I was drawn to the print above (Anders Wedin: Postman) because both of my paternal great-grandfathers...if I'm remembering correctly..were postmen. So I think I need this print as a family tribute of sorts.

Then to make things even better, as I scrolled through April's site I discovered that she is an adoptive mom as well. She and her husband are proud parents to three decidedly gorgeous babies. Each one more squishable that the next.

And beside amazing art and fantastic crafts, there's nothing that hooks me faster than reading about other people's adoption stories (from any side of the triad). So check her out. I promise you won't be disappointed.


suavilqouy