March 19, 2012

I'm Still Alive...Mostly

Hi All...
I've been missing you and wanted to take a few minutes to explain where in the french toast I've been...

Recently, I started a new medication for migraines called Topamax. I started with a low dosage and then gradually began increasing the amount. I began to have some problems with my vision, but wasn’t too concerned because I was also fighting a sinus infection and just chalked it up to being sick and taking lots of medications. The next morning, however, things were very bad.

I could only see a few inches in front of my face, everything else was just shapes and colors. So I went to the emergency room. They checked my vision and told me I was legally blind. This was a huge shock since I only wear glasses for driving and that prescription is mild. I ended up being sent to another hospital, one that had an ophthalmologist on staff in the middle of the night. He spent a great deal of time with me and did everything he could to get my eye pressure down to a normal range (it's supposed to be below 20 and mine was above 50).

I have saw him again last week and will be going back tomorrow. The bottom line is that my vision has changed dramatically. It looks good that I can have close to 20/20 vision with glasses. I won’t know for awhile. In the meantime I'm unable to go to work or to school.

The good news is that I am at home all of the time with Pie and Husband. So, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and know that I am missing you. I will not be back on the blog until all of this gets straightened out, but I would love to hear from you (Husband can read for me.)

Thank you for being in my life and making it so much richer.



Anonymous said...

Can you please send by e-mail me the code for this script or please enlighten me in detail
about this script?

my web-site: tree trimming delaware

Post a Comment

I talk, then you talk, and sometimes I talk back again. It's a conversation! And we can all pretend we're not internet shut-ins who never talk to anyone. Hooray!