July 12, 2012

I Am


The prompt, " Fill in the blanks of this template and create your own I Am poem." I feel like this should be more eloquent or fluid, but it's all true so I'm going with it!

******************************
I Am

I am quick-witted and sharp tongued
I wonder why I've always wanted children so badly but can't have them
I hear whales singing
I see pirate ships on the horizon
I want more babies
I am fast of mind and cutting in words

I pretend that I have money and can live a life of leisure
I feel sad that the unicorns are disappearing
I touch the edge of exhaustion every day
I worry about everything
I cry often lately
I am quick-witted and sharp tongued

I understand that my family means everything to me
I say I love you every day
I dream of a day when I can do what I love
I try to let things go
I hope I actually can
I am quick-witted and sharp tongued