May 18, 2010

Best shopping experience ever

Let me just start by saying this is not a "review" and I was not compensated in any way for this. I just had an awesome experience and am beyond thrilled with the end result, so I wanted to share. I'm even breaking my own anonymity rule to show you the final product.

I may or may not have mentioned that I am an Etsy junkie. I have been for quite some time, but the arrival of Pie has magnified my problem to a staggering level. I'm pretty certain that Etsy may end up being the end of me financially. "I'm sorry that we can't pay for you to go to college Pie, but look at this super cute t-shirt I got!"

In one of my searching adventures through Etsy, I found Elm Studios. It is a collection of the sweetest, clay pieces I've come across. I contacted them about doing two personalized wall hangings for me. Erin (who is Elm Studios) got back to me right away and chatted with me quite a bit to design the perfect pieces.

When I opened the box and saw the final art I cried. Husband got a little teary eyed too. I couldn't possibly be more happy with my one of a kind pieces. I've been telling everyone who will listen...and now I'm telling you! Go check out Elm Studios and Erin's work!

This piece is a personalized version of one of Erin's pieces. We worked together to pick out the colors and the text. So so happy with it!


This piece is completely custom. I told Erin that we call the little one Pie, and she came back with the art and the text. She asked where it would go (Pie's nursery) and what colors that room was. I told her and this is what she came up with. I was floored by the final product. I couldn't be more happy to have such a special piece for Pie's room. It makes us smile every time we look at it, and since it's over her changing table that's quite a bit!


11 comments:

MollyinMinn said...

Those are absolutely adorable! I love it when people share their great Etsy finds! Thanks!

Marc said...

This is why womens houses always look so nice and Men's house well..Did you see my nice tv??

sara said...

Thanks Molly! I hate to support other people's Etsy addictions, but sometimes I can help it!

sara said...

Hey now, Marc...you have nice guitars too. And a super garage floor :)

Grace said...

Etsy is definitely becoming the death of my checking account too. What sweet pieces that Erin put together for you. Off to check out her shop now :)

Anonymous said...

Those are incredible pieces. So heartwarming that ya'll were touched by them.

Hey, it just occurred to me that you were "sauntering" Etsy shops. :0)

sara said...

F&O - I hope you find something you love at Erin's shop...I'm sure you will!

sara said...

ME - I WAS sauntering!! I can add that to my list too...hooray!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

I love these pieces!! I might have to go and order something, soo cool!

sara said...

Hi Cindy - you totally should!!! I love love love them. Such a sweet addition to Pie's room and our house!

Unknown said...

Those are great finds, Sara! You got really emotional back then. It's good to have personalized decors, right? They're really pleasant to anyone's eyes.

Larissa Dobbin

Post a Comment

I talk, then you talk, and sometimes I talk back again. It's a conversation! And we can all pretend we're not internet shut-ins who never talk to anyone. Hooray!