September 3, 2010

Red Writing Hood, Take 2

This week's prompt for Red Writing Hood:
One of the my favorite movies is The Brave Little Toaster (oh and this is Ericka by the way). To pay homage to one of my favorites, I thought we'd write a short piece of prose (or a poem if you so choose) from the perspective of a broken inanimate object. It doesn't necessarily have to be a toaster but it should most definitely be inanimate!

*****

Hmmm. I appear to have missed that broken part...so let's call this a broken agreement :)

*****

Also I just wanted to take a second and thank you all for your support yesterday. I've been stressed and tired and needed to vent. It's awesome to know I'm not alone.

*****

If Diary Found Please Return to Nike'

Day 1:
This is going to be SO AWESOME! We're going to spend every single day together. Today was so much fun. We ran and ran and ran.

Day 23:
Every day may have been a stretch. But 6 days a week is still a lot of quality time. Today we rode a bike until I was wind chapped. So much fun.

Day 42:
You know, 5 days a week is plenty of cardio. Tonight's core training class was a blast. Why don't people play Ace of Base more often? Their stuff rocks!!

Day 78:
Hmmm...I'm not sure about these workout videos.

Day 156:
Three times a week is still good...right? Um, also, I'm not sure if this is a good time or not, but the name is ni-KAY not ni-KEE. No big deal. Just a little bit annoying that you can't seem to get it right.

Day 201:
I've been relegated to the back of the closet. Completely forgotten. Alone...I'm so ALONE. My existence is futile. I occasionally throw a shoelace out into the light to remind her I'm still here, but she continues to ignore me.

Day 205:
She knows the dust is bad for my asthma. Does she care? Apparently not.

Day 230:
You know I can see you from down here. And guess what? It's not your best angle. Your ass looks like a ziploc bag full of cottage cheese.

Day 247:
Bitch.

Day 367:
This is going to be SO AWESOME! We're going to spend every single day together. All is forgiven...