October 27, 2010

There are two sides to every story...

I'm going to link up with Shell at Things I Can't Say for a little pouring out of my heart again.

...and then there's the truth. That little gem is from Paul Sr. on American Choppers (Can you tell Husband has been controlling the remote recently?) On its face it sounds a little absurd, but it has merit.

I tend to be pretty black and white about things. There is the truth and there is falsehood. Period. But I am currently in a situation where I would swear up and down that I am right and seeing things truthfully. I am certain that the other people involved would say the same thing.

It has been really difficult. Really upsetting. Really disappointing.

I have tried to be as aware and considerate as possible to this group of people. I like to think that I'm like that with everyone. I pride myself on being thoughtful. But it's come to my attention that this group of people has been talking sh*t about me. They are saying I'm thoughtless and inconsiderate.

I'm honestly heartbroken about it. I can't seem to shake it. I can't stop thinking about it.

So what do you do? How do you deal with a situation when you both think you are right and the other party is in the wrong? How do you move on when it feels like someone is attacking you as a person, the core of who you are?