August 30, 2012

Changing it all



The prompt, "If you could change career paths now and be anything you wanted to be…what would you be and why?"

I had such a hard time deciding on the prompt this week, I happily could have written about any of them. But I just recently had a reminder of this one...

******************************
 
I talked about this some last week, but I'm a ridiculous nerd. School, learning, school supplies, arts and crafts...my head is spinning with joy just thinking about those things. I get more excited about the back to school signs going up than the Christmas decorations...and I love Christmas.
{swoon}
 
So if I could change career paths and be anything, I would be a teacher. And you know what? I'm going to be. I'm a little more than half way done with a Masters in Early Childhood Education, that I will leave certified to teach K-5 in Georgia.
 
Starting in January, I will be in a classroom FULL-TIME as a student teacher (insert happy squealing here), and if all goes well (fingers crossed) will have my very own classroom by August.
 
A few years ago I had had enough of having a job for the paycheck and not for the love of it. So I went back to school, finished my Bachelors, started my Masters, Pie came along and I deferred enrollment, and then about a year ago went back to school. I've been working full-time, in school full-time, moming a crazy 2 year old, and spending far, far too much time in doctor's offices, all of which is beyond exhausting. And all of which is beyond worth it when I'm a teacher.
 
{+}
 
Putting on your hand to dry and then peeling it off is perfectly acceptable though :)