August 13, 2012

Thery did it right

I'm hooking up with Northwest Mommy for Monday Listicles. This week's theme is
"things your parents did right."


10 things my parents did right:

I suppose saying everything would be cheating, so...
  1. They taught me how to stand up for myself, and how to do it respectfully
  2. They showed me how important learning is
  3. They challenge me
  4. They love me without limits or conditions
  5. They taught me the value of family
  6. They taught me how to tell a good story, and even better, a good joke
  7. They taught me that everything can be made better with the addition of cheese
  8. They set the example of a happy marriage (they just celebrated 46 years)
  9. They instilled the value of hard work
  10. They made me believe to the bottom of my soul that I am enough
I really do count myself as one of the lucky ones. My parents are amazing and I can only hope to do as good a job with Pie.