May 11, 2010

If I had a dime...

...for every gallon of slobber that Pie produces, I'd be filthy rich. As it is, I'm just filthy!

She's been in the teething process for a bit now, and to add to that fun, her favorite way to communicate right now is to blow spit bubbles. Poor child spends most of her day soaked. So does everyone who holds her. We always have a cloth on hand to wipe her little face, and we have bibs galore, but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm open to ANY ideas. Pie can't be comfortable always being wet, and she's starting to get a little rash under her neck folds (hehe!) from always being wet. Do you guys have any thoughts, suggestions, tricks that worked for you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bibs, and lots of em. A bib that has a waterproof backing and a thick terry front to soak lots up. Plus we used wash cloths in addition to wipe some excess to keep our babe from getting drool-rash. Vibrating teethers were her favorite.

sara said...

K - Maybe the cheapy bibs we're using just aren't cutting it. I'll have to look for the backing/terry ones. Also I'm intruiged by this "the vibrating teether" you speak of...off to amazon I go!

Lindsey said...

My daughter drooled so much!! It was gross. But the waterproof backing bibs work wonderfully. I think we wet thru those once an hour!!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

We are not teething yet, but my LO drools a lot! I use the bibs with a waterproof backing...they work good! Also I made some bibs with a terry cloth back, they work great, do not know if you sew. If she starts being in discomfort, I have heard those teething tabs work great! I hear you though about the drool, yucky!!

sara said...

Lindsey and Cindy - Ok, that's enough confirmation for me, I need to find those waterproof backed bibs. And no Cindy, I don't sew at all...beyond reattaching buttons anyway. I really should learn. Just always seemed so complicated to me.

Post a Comment

I talk, then you talk, and sometimes I talk back again. It's a conversation! And we can all pretend we're not internet shut-ins who never talk to anyone. Hooray!