July 18, 2011

Michelle: Momma's Pixie Dreams

We're home and trying to get back into the swing of things. In the mean time I have a couple more fantastic guest posts for you...

Michelle, from Momma's Pixie Dreams, is a rock star. I'm sure many of you know her, or of her, her sweet daughter Monkey, and their fight with cancer. You can read about Monkey's story here. She is also an amazing photographer and the sweetest momma. I am beyond thrilled to call her a friend.

*******

We have this great playset for our kiddos to play on that is has been entertainment for my children all summer long because I am the best momma ever! and then my neighbors got their own brilliant idea stole our brilliant idea and went out and bought the exact playset. Fine. Whatever. Copycats. It is just a playset...



I am not the biggest fan of this neighborhood I am destined to live in for years to come. To keep my sanity somewhat intact I have my own little passive aggressive ways of getting my frustrations out. After all I am a Scorpio!


When we put the monstrosity playset in the yard I made sure to strategically place it as close to the neighbors as possible to drive them crazy...




Only I didn't realize we are apparently the Jones' around here and the last laugh would be on me! These yodels I live next door to who sold a perfectly good playset last year because they "never used it" according to them turned around and not only purchased the same playset but placed it right along side of the other side of the fence...




Okay fine I'll make the best of it. Besides it only really blocks more of the view from their yard. {I don't think we are all that exciting but the neighbors have a retaining wall that they love to stand on and peer into our yard so really this just blocks their view...Mostly into my bedroom!!} So I was dealing.


And then it happened...


Not once...


Not twice...


But every damn time I am in the backyard pushing Monkey in her swing this is what I get...




I promise you my next house will have miles and miles between me and the nearest neighbor. Let's just hope the market turns around before my neighbors kill me!

******

That cracks me up (though admittedly I would probably try to keep up with Michelle too...hehehehe)

Thank you so much for your help Michelle...xoxoxo